I was making myself a coffee this morning, thinking about every single thing I could do which DIDN’T involve working on my essay plan for philosophy and then BAM! I remembered I have a blog.
What better way to avoid being productive than starting an archeological dig to find it under all the layers of dust and spam?
Of course, since it’s been about a billion years since my last post I am sure you have all forgotten who I am, hell, I’VE forgotten who I used to be. Shall I provide a quick update? Yes?
I think my last couple of posts involved popping my ambulance cherry and sniffing glue. Strangely those things weren’t related. Since then it’s been about 10 months and I haven’t blogged because I’ve been busy shaking things up (and I don’t mean just other peoples beer) a quick time line update in dot point form is in order (yes, I’m still lazy):
- I received an offer for a place at a University in regional Victoria to study psychology – which I accepted!
- Left work, sold most of my household STUFF, and packed the rest into my car for the long drive to Victoria from Queensland.
- Since this stuff included my rather large pooch, my guitar and my surfboard there wasn’t much room.
- Spent a couple of weeks cruising down the coast… surfing, lazing about, and generally acting like a hippie.
- Arrived in Ballarat and after a month sleeping in a shed and struggling to find somewhere to live I FINALLY hit the jackpot and moved into a place 2 minutes from the Uni (HELLO waking up at 8.20 for an 8.30 lecture!).
- My pooch fell in love with my landlord’s pooch.
- I fell in love with my landlord.
- Learnt I am good at study, after getting 3 high distinctions and a distinction in my first semester.
- Got a red and black Mohawk. It’s awesome.
So there you have it, a somewhat brief, incomplete update of the last 10 months. Something I have learned though – I am FAR less entertaining when I am mentally stable!
I will attempt to post more in the interests of avoiding study, and regale you with tales of my gay dogs, vegetable garden and deep philosophical and psychological discussion. Or maybe not.
We shall see.